Sunday 7 August 2011

Vintage Inspired Photoshoot

The gorgeous models Therese and Gabrielle pose for the camera



Glamorous Gabrielle modeling the NEW Swarovski Headdress and Waterfall Necklace


The amazing Simon Richardson in action


Giving direction on set


I have been planning a vintage inspired photo shoot for the past few months and I am so happy with how it all came together yesterday.  I have always been in love with everything vintage, the Hollywood glamour from icons such as Dorothy Dandridge, Marilyn Monroe, Josephine Baker, Audrey Hepburn and Elizabeth Taylor, are always a great source of inspiration for my collections.

I wore a 1950s vintage lace dress which I bought from Leftovers at Brixton Village and my gorgeous vintage telephone was a great find from Greenwich antiques market.

I wanted to combined old Hollywood glamour with a new and exciting modern edge. I like to design jewellery that make you feel amazing even if worn with a casual  outfit.  Like Gabrielle's first look which  was layers of pearls and swarovski crystal accessories worn with cut off jeans and converse.

Pearls and Converse

The models Gabrielle and Therese were absolutely amazing and working with my favourite photographer Simon Richardson is always a pleasure.  My cousin Nadiya was assisting on set and I must say she did a fantastic job making sure the whole day ran smoothly.  I also had the opportunity to work with Brandon Palmer from Deli Boy Productions, who caught all the sparkle on film and is putting together a video blog so you can see some of the magic for yourselves.

I can not wait to see the final pictures and share them with you all...

No comments:

Post a Comment